Sunday 23 October 2016

What's in a name

" Why am I called Cindy?" Cindy asked her step sister Zelda.

" Now, how would I know that? Why am I called Zelda?"

" That is because, Hema saw you fight away monkeys when you were a pup and named you after a warrior princess. c/mon, she tells this story to everyone who meets us" Cindy replied

" Ahhh...That way, you were so damn thin when she found you, so she named you after a size negative super model..We know this story too.." Zelda replied.

" Sigh, I think we should be happy atleast we weren't named tuffy or fluffy or bellu or chillu. I know how much binju hates his name. He told it really feels sad when his human's name is Sasidharan Rajashekaran, atleast he could have been named a Raja, you know, which means, KING" Cindy exclaimed.

" HAHAHA... I really do like some human names too.. I would want to be called Shilpa if I were a human." Zelda said.

" Oh babe! that is nice, I wouldn't mind being a Shweta anyday either."

" Cool idea. from now on , I am Shilpa, you are Shweta.  Let's teach the humans our name! We will not budge untill they call us Shilpa and Shweta"

" You have a deal sista!!!"

"Zelda....Cindy.....Where are you??" Hema's voice rang out....

" Don't budge, hold fast.. We are training them" Zelda controlled Cindy.

" Oh god! Where do these kids go...? Are they dogs of fur or invisibility coats!" An exasperated Hema exclaimed!

" teehee, this is so much fun..We are training our humans!! Am so thrilled! Now am never gonna budge." Cindy was all smiles!

" Who wants a biscuit??" Hema called out.

Zzzzzzippp and the dogs were there forgetting all about training humans and changing their names.

" Well you know, Zelda isn't a bad name. It definitely is better than Shilpa. I am a warrior after all..My job is to protect these lovely humans" Zelda said through her munching!

" And Who wouldn't wanna be a super model. I still have a good figure." This was Cindy

" Sigh, what nice names we have!"

" Yeah, leave it to the humans to give us nice innovative names!"

" but, I am still very happy not to be a chillu or billu."

" Amen to that"


No comments:

Post a Comment