Sunday 18 December 2016

Gate dog

Zelda: Gate dog is sick. There is something wrong about her.
Cindy: Sympathizing with the enemy?
Zelda: It isn’t about enemy or friendship. There is something very wrong about her.
Cindy: But Hema doesn’t take us close. She think we are still enemies.
Zelda: I guarantee you, we are enemies still. I just wonder what happened to her.
Cindy: Let us remain very quiet and good today. Chances are Hema will let us have a closer look.
Zelda: I know for a fact Hema checks on her everyday. So for a dumb dog, sometimes, you have good ideas.
Cindy: Don’t push yourself. I bite :P
Zelda: Shaddup now, here comes the gate.
Cindy: Oh she’s wearing the plastic cone of shame. Something is definitely wrong.
Zelda: She’s broken a leg. Also, see her whole belly is wounded.
Cindy: Oh my!! I feel sorry for her. Why have they tied her. She looks miserable.
Zelda: Look, she is whining , Hema will help her now.

Hema tends to the wounded dog, applies medicines.

The dog sights Zelda and Cindy & starts growling. To humans, it sounded threatening,  but in dog language it was….

Mukhi: Back off, I can’t even defend myself now. Shame on you.
Zelda: Shame on you, gate dog, we come in peace.
Cindy: Yeah, mongrel
Mukhi: Gate dog? Is that how you call me?? My name is mukhi. And I know you ladies are mongrels too.

Zelda: Mukhi? Okay, It is a truce for now. We are lending our human to take care of you.
Cindy: ( eyes welled up) Sorry Gate dog, Get well soon

They all continue their walk.

Mukhi: Silly twits …I am gonna get better and whack them.


( stifles a tear…)

No comments:

Post a Comment