Sunday 4 December 2016

A nameless life!

A swanky car stopped
In exchange for me a wad of notes popped
It was love at first sight for me
I really want to believe it was the same for you
Not  just a latest itch!

We played for a while,
You found me funny
Worth your money

I enjoyed our daily walks
Thanked you for my daily food.

Suddenly you gave me a sister
A human child
I loved her more than anything
Cared for her all day…All night

One night you were overjoyed,
I didn’t understand why
As you packed your bags,
I though yeahh! Road trip!

Excitement abound, I jumped in to the car
Not knowing that I wasn’t going very far
You dropped me round the corner,
My sister’s screams could have shattered the doors
But your stony silence held them together


Waited for you for 10 years now
I am old; not your favorite puppy
I am dirty, my teeth have fallen
And my chest rumbles when I bark
I lost a leg few years ago…

Today I saw a swanky car
And rushed to meet you, my love
But Alas! It wasn’t you!
My cloudy eyes failed me..
I closed them for the last time.

My final memory of us taking a walk together
Etched in eternity.


No comments:

Post a Comment